Monday, August 31, 2009

INDONESIA’S REIGNING SURF CHAMPION DEDE SURYANA SIGNS WITH QUIKSILVER


23 year old Dede Suryana from West Java has just signed a 3 year deal with leading surf wear brand Quiksilver. Dede has dreams of making the big league of professional surfing and Quiksilver will give him the chance to make it happen.

For the next 3 years, under the coaching of ex pro surfer and Quiksilver SE Asia's Sports Marketing Manager Jake " The Snake " Paterson, Dede will travel the world on the World Qualifying Series (WQS) trying to make history and be the first Indonesian surfer ever to make the World Championship Tour (WCT).

"I have seen Dede surf quite a lot since I moved to Bali and I rate his chances extremely high at making the big league. I know what it takes to be a successful pro surfer, and I can see it in Dede's eyes....he wants it real bad ! " Paterson stated.

Dede won the Indonesian Surfing Championship Tour (ISC) in 2008 and is leading the ratings this year going into the last two events of the season.

" I'm just so happy that Quiksilver is going to give me the chance to prove myself and to follow my dream of making the WCT," proclaimed Dede.

Quiksilver SE Asia's Chief Executive Officer Paul Hutson added, " Dede is a great addition to our international team, and his professional approach to competitive surfing and sheer determination to focus and win events is what will get him to the top. His good attitude and commitment to assist Quiksilver in developing the junior surfers from outside of Bali when he's off the tour will be a bonus for us all. Paired with Snake, who has been there and done it, we are sure to see some great results in the future from Dede. Welcome to the team Dede!

Stay tuned to all Dede's results and his weekly blog on the Quiksilver Indonesia Facebook site.

Photos : Tim Hain - Coca-Cola ISC Tour


Thanks,


Eka I. Rochmansyah
Media Coordinator ISC















































No comments:

Post a Comment